Let's keep getting more OS/2 source code.
Remember our Open Source business case:
- Phase 1) Collect as much OS/2 source code as possible
- Phase 2) ?
- Phase 3) Take over the world
Trying to not drift away, it is not which model is right or wrong. It is which model do we need right now.
Open Source it is not the saver, or the end of the world. It is just the model that is working for us right now. I see open source as the path, the community and persons using and developing for the platform are "the savers".
- eComStation uses a lot of open source software, without it, it will be just Warp 4.52.
- The more interesting software ported to this platform latetly had been from projects that had been originally open sourced (OpenJDK, Qt, Firefox, OpenOffice, Qt apps ported, etc)
- Open source reduces the risk of vendor dependency. IBM dumped us in the past and can happen again, with open source we reduce that risk.
- We should stop thinking that we will be the last ones, there will be people left after we leave the community. It will be better to leave software and documents for this platforms that allows derivative works without the dependency of a single person or group.
That's why I see that should start to care about the close source components an try to clone them in the open source path (PM, SOM, WPS, Control Program, etc).